Media Arts Center San Diego | San Diego, CA
Production Coordinator (11/09 – Present)
Video Production Services:
• Developed the video production branch of the arts nonprofit by utilizing existing community and new sources.
• Directed clients through the formative and production process of projects.
• Led crews of emerging creatives to project completion.
• Preserved relationships with clients and partners.
Video Journalism | Speak City Heights:
• Produced multimedia stories for the collaborative community media project that affected city policy, budgets, and practices.
• Facilitated story development with youth, community, and professional media makers.
• Provided news packages to public media outlets.
• Maintained relationships with local sources for compelling stories and engaging characters.
• Cultivated neighborhood dialogue by facilitating online resources and social media.
Community Media | Land & Freedom – Talking Food Systems:
• Directed the development of a documentary web series project.
• Created the initial idea and attracted the involvement of community leaders and advocates.
• Secured production funding from the state arts endowment and from a healthcare company.
• Managed the project through production and organized a national tour of exhibition.
• Designed, maintained, and oversaw website, social media, and content development.
Technology | Digital Gym:
• Assisted staff and members with technology troubleshooting.
• Repaired damaged and defective equipment.
Exhibitions | Bike In Cinema:
• Initiated new exhibitions programming.
• Procured grant funding for program.
• Marketed program and introduced new audiences to organization.
Community Development | Neighborhood Economic Development Collaborative:
• Maintained relationships with local ethnic business clusters.
• Directed marketing campaigns to promote economic assets in underrepresented communities.
SD City College Newscene | San Diego, CA
TV News Producer (09/12 – 12/12)
• Contributed to the production of weekly news programs broadcast on the San Diego County Office of Education’s ITV.
• Setup and direction of the studio floor and lighting and operation of studio cameras.
• Technical direction of the control room.
• Writing, producing, and editing evergreen and breaking stories.
LISC AmeriCorps | San Diego, CA
AmeriCorps Member (03/11 – 9/11)
• Collaborated with members of nonprofits in San Diego County to support community development.
• Documented stories of critical issues facing residents of low income communities.
Groundwork Books | San Diego, CA
General Stock Coordinator & Accounts Payable (02/08 – 03/10)
• Managed day to day operations of an independent book store.
• Curated books and general stock for a young studious demographic.
• Strategized ongoing marketing campaigns.
• Maintained monthly account statements.
• Prepared statements for annual taxes.
Platt College | San Diego, CA
• B.S. in Media Arts, Video Production
• A.A.S. in Graphic Design
Sinclair College | Dayton, OH
• A.A.S. in Information Technology
San Diego City College | San Diego, CA
• Certificate of Performance in News